Health and Safety
ATTENTION: Per New York State health guidelines, some policies have changed, please check individual show pages for the most up-to-date COVID-19 protocols for your event.
GUEST COVID-19 POLICIES
Updated: February 10, 2022
The Capitol Theatre and Garcia’s are committed to the safety and well-being of our community, from patrons to staff to artists, crews, and management. The following outlines our current COVID-19 policies. Effective immediately, attendees must show proof of full vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours before the event. These policies are subject to change at any time. Please continue to check back here for updated policies before you arrive at the venue for your show.
Proof of Negative COVID-19 Test Requirements:
- Only PCR COVID-19 tests and medically administered rapid antigen tests will be accepted. Please be sure to bring printed or digital proof of your negative test result, dated and time-stamped. At-home COVID tests are not accepted.
- The test must be taken 48 hours prior to the time of the event. For example, if the show is Friday, results from any time Wednesday or any day closer to Friday will be accepted.
Proof of Vaccination Requirements:
- Patrons ages 5+ are considered “fully vaccinated” at least two weeks following either a second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- You are considered “fully vaccinated” at least two weeks following either a second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- Patrons over 18 will need to present an ID matching the name on their vaccination documentation. Acceptable methods for providing proof of COVID-19 vaccination include:
- Excelsior Pass
- NYC COVID Safe App
- CDC Vaccination Card
- NYC Vaccination Record
- If you received your vaccinations outside the U.S., you must have an official immunization record that includes:
- First name and last name
- Date of birth
- Vaccine product name (only vaccines authorized by the WHO are acceptable)
- Date(s) administered
- Site where the vaccine was administered, or name of the person who administered it
CHECK THE EVENT PAGE ON THE DAY OF SHOW TO SEE THE CURRENT POLICIES.
- Please check the event page for your specific show for more information prior to your ticket purchase, or contact the box office at (914) 937-4126 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE STAY HOME IF YOU ARE FEELING SICK.
If you feel sick, have a fever, or are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, we ask that you make your health, and the health of others, a priority by staying home. There will be other shows when you’re feeling better.
Patrons who cannot provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative test within 48 hours of the event time as detailed above will not be granted entry to the Venue, without exception.
The Capitol Theatre encourages music lovers everywhere to get vaccinated. The best way to keep live music safe is to get your vaccination. Please click here to find a vaccination site near you.